Saturday, May 9, 2009

I want love that is

i want a love how it is... sleep deprivation pain deep in my chest that is only filled when her voice rings through my ear, touches my hand, or slows down to catch a red light so we can have one more second in each others eyes, and lips. i had had that, once.

isn't love also that comfortable silence sitting in the car while driving through the night though? no touch is needed, no whisper spoken. it's wanted, but not needed. it's an ideal to me at least. i long for love in the sense that i want to know for certain that i want no one else ever again in my life. to be able to say without needing another's assurance that i love one person more than i love myself.

i want it all and nothing less. will i ever attain that goal? i can honestly say that i don't know. i don't know for certain if it even exists. but what good is it to not dream? i'd rather dream of a false ideal than live without a dream at all.

No comments: